Estate Planning & Asset Protection
While planning the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries can sometimes be a stressful task, we are here to help you create your legacy. Frank Leffingwell and Associates, PC can help guide you through the estate planning and asset protection processes while keeping your family and/or worthy causes in mind.
Our firm works with clients to protect and preserve assets from creditors, taxes, and other threats. We adopt an integrated approach that considers clients’ current needs and desires, as well as the needs of the future beneficiaries of clients’ estates. We enjoy working with your team of advisors to meet all of your financial, legal, and tax goals.
Our firm provides representation in a variety of other services that cover all aspects of the estate planning process including the creation of:
- Charitable trusts
- Domestic and foreign asset protection trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Life insurance trusts
- Retirement benefit trusts
- Other specialized trusts
- Limited partnerships
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
We also have experience dealing with clients’ tax-planned and non-tax planned wills and living trusts that can range into the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Prepared, formed, and funded two intentionally defective grantor trusts for a client, resulting in estimated estate tax savings for the client in excess of $10,000,000;
- Provided representation in the division and conversion of a multi-million newspaper business resulting in increased asset protection and franchise tax savings in excess of $30,000 annually;
- Advised on, structured, and completed the reorganization of a multi-million dollar manufacturing business, resulting in the insulation of lines of the manufacturer’s business from the liabilities of other lines of the business;
- Provided comprehensive estate and asset protection planning for client with real estate holdings valued in excess of $30,000,000, including ensuring liquidity for the client’s life time expenses, and for the payment of estate taxes and other expenses incurred at death;
- Structured and completed the formation of an irrevocable intentionally defective grantor trust and the sale and gift of assets to said trust, resulting in estimated estate and gift tax savings in excess of $5,000,000; and
- Structured and completed the funding of a dynasty trust for the protection and preservation of the clients’ assets for use by successive generations together with an irrevocable life insurance trust for a prominent business owner to provide liquidity for the payment of estate taxes on the business owner’s passing.